Virtual dry fit for 622

In typical Panglossian fashion today, I uploaded the STL file for 622’s plastic parts to Shapeways.  I might have hit the big “Print” button, if the bounding box hadn’t precluded the use of their highest resolution machine. It’s a good thing I didn’t because the pause gave me an opportunity to assemble all the parts in OnShape. There I found that the gearbox was going … Continue reading Virtual dry fit for 622

All the parts that are fit to print

I’m just about ready to upload all the printed parts to Shapeways.  To support some of the more delicate parts for printing, and more importantly for shipping, I added some sprues.  I actually started out making a sprue for all the parts, but then I re-read the pricing guidelines for Shapeways and concluded that this was unnecessary. Sadly, my computer decided it wasn’t going to … Continue reading All the parts that are fit to print

Update on the Flood

I was overwhelmed by the number of people curious about the state of our basement recovery at the Railway Modellers Meet last weekend. Today we made some serious progress, when Matt, the conscientious floor installer put most of the subfloor down. Like every other worker who has come to our rescue, Matt took one look at the layout, and almost ran for the hills. Fortunately, … Continue reading Update on the Flood