Flywheel and worm for 622

A plumbing emergency this weekend derailed my plans to get much done on 622. However, I did manage to marry the motor with the flywheel and worm. I don’t know about other people, but I find pushing on the end of a motor axle very stressful. A little too much pressure and you’ll be buying a new motor! Anyway, I’m pleased to say I pulled it together long enough to press all th parts together and nothing appears to have gone disastrously wrong.

The motor and flywheel look like they’re touching in this photo, but they still turned fine; I’ve since pulled the flywheel back a little to be sure. The axle is long to allow the option of a second flywheel. There is a small void inside the motor cavity, aching to be filled, and I may fill it with rotating brass.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.