I’ve declared the river to be finished from now. Does it look like a river? Well, from sufficiently low angles, it reflects mostly sky, and almost succeeds. However, the sky is not as bright as a real sky, and so, the river is not as bright as a real river. The kids both say it needs to be blue.
Okay, let’s add it all up. The river consists of the following in reverse order:
- Two layers of Krylon Crystal Clear
- Two layers of Liquitex Transparent Black
- One layer of Liquitex Raw Sienna
- A few final spots of filler, sanded 150 grit
- Black latex paint, sanded 150 grit
- Areas of filler, sanded 150 grit
- Black latex paint
- Areas of filler, sanded 120 grit
- Large areas of filler, sanded 120 grit
- A full layer of filler, sanded 80 grit
That’s thirteen coats between you and the plywood. I’m pleased to say it doesn’t look like plywood, but it doesn’t look much like a river either.