As I mentioned, clearance inside #10’s boiler is very tight. To route power to the far end of the boiler, I am going to try copper foil tape. The stuff I found is .0025″ thick, but uninsulated. As it’s going to stick to the sides of the motor/flywheel assembly, I need a thin layer of insulation under the tape (and on top in some places).
I tested a few alternatives on a scrap of brass. My first thought was a layer of paint. This turned out to be thinner than I can measure, but an inconsistent insulator. Here are the insulators I found:
|Tissue paper soaked in CA||.002″|
|Tissue paper over CA||.0015″|
Evidently Kapton tape is available in .001″ thickness, but I don’t have any, and .0005″ is not worth the wait and extra expense. I was surprised to find that the paper soaked in CA was thicker than that applied in a normal manner; possibly this is because when I applied the tissue paper to the CA, I smoothed and flattened the CA.