Thanks to my friend, Brian Pate, who recently decommissioned his fabulous Klondike Mines Railway, I found myself in possession of a CVP ALR900 radio receiver and a clutch of T5000 throttles. Having only one engine in steam, I passed most of the throttles over to another friend, Scott Calvert, and kept only one.
It has sat since October awaiting the completion of the turntable so I could install it. Tonight was that night.
Following the instructions, I picked up a surface-mount jack at Rona today, and wired it into the throttle bus on my Lenz command station. It booted up perfectly on the first try, and I was delighted to find that there was even a battery in the throttle. I guess I spent 20 minutes wiring and the better part of an hour
What a difference it is to not have to run back to the corner every time I want to change the direction or speed of the locomotive! No more running onto the staging turntable and pulling the pins to cut the power.
Thanks once again, Brian.