As I wrote last night, the ends of the turntable need a little more adjustment in vertical alignment. Tonight I built some styrene platforms under the ends of the turntable, and laminated some .008″ phosphor bronze sheet onto them to form a sliding bearing.
Then I tipped the turntable back over and reinstalled it in the pit. I make it sound easy: I actually took it in and out a few dozen times over the course of the evening. The shim itself is hidden under the turntable bridge.
The wheels are off the rail, but it’s actually quite hard to tell except by taking an end-on view of the turntable bridge, and that’s something that isn’t available during normal viewing, except when the turntable is turning.