I must admit I felt some trepidation when I went to add the wheel assemblies to the turntable this evening. They were inherently unstable, and I couldn’t think of a way to clamp them so the glue would have time to dry. I also haven’t come up with a way to pin them, which I would have liked Ito have done.
In the end, it turned out to be easy. I used gel CA, thinking that it would give me a litle working time, and coated the backs of the assemblies with it. Then, with the turntable supported on the spacers that I used to test the level of the ring rail, I simply slid the wheel assembly along the rail until it connected with the turntable. The CA actually grabbed a little quicker than I would have liked, but the wheel assemblies seem to have connected just fine.
Once they were tacked in place with CA, I went around forcing a little fillet of epoxy into the edges of the joints. Once everything was glued down, I simply removed the spacers and took the table for a spin. All four wheels seems to connect with the ring rail all the way around, and more importantly, the table barely moves at all vertically.