I’ve been mostly focused on furniture-making for the past week or so. However, while the glue was drying this evening, I managed to get a little traction on the turntable.
I had cut the PC board for the turntable platform a couple of weeks ago, and was struggling to find some 1/4-28 screws that would match a tap I have on hand, and which would fit nicely into the holes already in the lazy susan base. I finally gave up, and drilled new holes beside the originals. I tapped these 8-32 last night, and I trimmed the screws flush tonight so they won’t rub against the underside of the turntable pit.
You’ll notice that the PC board already has some isolated pads where I will be soldering the turntable carcase. While I had the scrawker out, I also isolated some rings on the underside of the platform where the current collection will go.
Okay, all I said was that it was progress!