Parked

Before he left this evening, Andrew convinced me that it would be cool to see a train run on the other half of the layout.  The only thing stopping it was a layer of glue and paint on the rail heads (I can hear you laughing, dead-rail people).  So, I found a scrap of Arborite and scraped them off.

Then we dropped the caboose into the freight shed spur and drove the engine to the far end of the layout and parked it on the engine house lead. Before Andrew left, I set the switch back to normal so that any other trains coming up the line would not run into my engine.

IMG_1771.JPG

Up to now, I’ve been moving equipment purely to see if it works. There is lots to resolve – like a need for more weight in the locomotive and tender, a few derailment issues, oh and a just-discovered missing point – but lots does work. Tonight’s was the first deliberate movement, and it felt great! I guess I need to start working on an operating scheme…

IMG_1772.JPG

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s