Tonight Andrew and I managed to get the next two pieces of backdrop up. The curve on the right is a 3′ radius, and was much easier to accomplish with the quarter inch Masonite. As with the sharper curve at the other end, we made a couple of plywood formers to support the curve.
The window is now officially covered. We left a air gap at the top and bottom of the backdrop where it passes over the window so we don’t capture any moisture in there. There is nothing worse than a layout that smells of mould.
I have a little trimming to do, and I need to find another stud on the far right, then we’re on to filling the joins and painting it.